Here is the link to the ongoing discussion taking place on bitcointalk forum

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... sg14277576

Or the direct download

http://1.curecoinmirror.com/sigmax/Sigm ... tBeta1.zip
CygnusXI
Administrator
Administrator

by CygnusXI » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:35 am

Basic usage of the beta (all command line for the moment)

Launch the daemon first, then the miner or client after its done syncing which will only take a few seconds.

Basic commands for the client;
send
getbalance
getinfo
gethistory
getpending

Advanced commands
submitblock
submittx

To find your sigmaX address, after you run the daemon, there will be a folder called addresses in the directory you ran the java files from. The folder name inside there is your address.

Happy testing on the first quantum resistant block chain released! Remember this is a test net, the full version will be released after this is tested in the wild and debugged after stress testing.

Known issue, miner needs to be reset / relaunched randomly after submitting a block.
CygnusXI
Administrator
Administrator

by wuffy68 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:38 pm

There are several common questions I found on the bitcointalk forum probably need some clarification for everyone:

1. Since the current TESTNET version is CPU-based SHA-256, with a planned switch to HDD mining in the next TESTNET version. Will the HDD mining contain the "Merkel Trees of Lamport Signatures" Algorithm? If not, at which point does that enter the equation?

2. A question was posed "Will CC 2.0 be SHA-256?", I don't believe it will. It will use the special algorithm listed above, but this also needs clarification.

3. Paraphrasing a question out there: Could we continue 2.0 based on SigmaX but use only a single coin similar to todays 1.0 setup; with a percentage dedicated to PoW mining and a percentage dedicated to folding (the poster suggests 30/70% split).

For question 3 above, I would go a step farther and suggest a "chain of chains" model where folding is just one of many types of signature-based rewarded applications. With other types beneficial activities having the capability to be tied to the SigmaX backbone in the future (maybe NeurealAI?). Any future offending service could be voted off with PoW taking up the slack.

Could a split of signature based activity like folding or other DCN work be dynamically weighted with a voting system in the future?

Example:

CC 2.0 Release A

Folding 70%
PoW 30%

CC 2.0 Release B

Folding 50%
NeurealAI 30%
PoW 20 %

CC 2.0 Release C

Folding 45%
NeurealAI 25%
Earthquake Prediction (just stabbing in the dark :-) 10%
PoW 20 %

CC 2.0 Release D

Folding 45%
NeurealAI 25%
Earthquake Prediction (just stabbing in the dark :-) 10% (DCN becomes non-functional or offensive)
PoW 30 %
wuffy68

FAH UserName: wuffy68

by CygnusXI » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:47 pm

wuffy68 wrote:1. Since the current TESTNET version is CPU-based SHA-256, with a planned switch to HDD mining in the next TESTNET version. Will the HDD mining contain the "Merkel Trees of Lamport Signatures" Algorithm? If not, at which point does that enter the equation?

Yes, the quantum resistant algorithm will stay intact, aka "Merkel Trees of Lamport Signatures"

wuffy68 wrote:2. A question was posed "Will CC 2.0 be SHA-256?", I don't believe it will. It will use the special algorithm listed above, but this also needs clarification.

CureCoin 2.0 will not have any wasted computational cycles used on POW. CC2.0 will run on the certificate system to sign blocks.

wuffy68 wrote:3. Paraphrasing a question out there: Could we continue 2.0 based on SigmaX but use only a single coin similar to todays 1.0 setup; with a percentage dedicated to PoW mining and a percentage dedicated to folding (the poster suggests 30/70% split).

For question 3 above, I would go a step farther and suggest a "chain of chains" model where folding is just one of many types of signature-based rewarded applications. With other types beneficial activities having the capability to be tied to the SigmaX backbone in the future (maybe NeurealAI?). Any future offending service could be voted off with PoW taking up the slack.

Could a split of signature based activity like folding or other DCN work be dynamically weighted with a voting system in the future?

Example:

CC 2.0 Release A

Folding 70%
PoW 30%

CC 2.0 Release B

Folding 50%
NeurealAI 30%
PoW 20 %

CC 2.0 Release C

Folding 45%
NeurealAI 25%
Earthquake Prediction (just stabbing in the dark :-) 10%
PoW 20 %

CC 2.0 Release D

Folding 45%
NeurealAI 25%
Earthquake Prediction (just stabbing in the dark :-) 10% (DCN becomes non-functional or offensive)
PoW 30 %

This will have to be food for thought as CC2 and SigmaX are continued to be developed.
CygnusXI
Administrator
Administrator

by pazsion » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:30 am

I don't much like bct...

curecoin2 ? i'm sure a new name for a new coin is appropriate. i saw ?foldcoin? in the news. perhaps that's it.

!curecoin! is sha256+pos and we can fold it, i hope it stays this way. And the coin lives on. ?

It's finally on cryptopia working its way up the votes...be sure to head over there and vote for it. They also needed a thread on their forums last i checked.

sigma, will be a second coin by the same dev team YEA!?
it might do hard drive mining? nobody's done a pos+pow+hdd yet...
parralellcoin is scrypt and sha xD

Curecoin is finally riseing as it should in price. I hope i can use sha hardware now and in the future and gpu's to fold and cpus. Many people have sha hardware, just sitting there not being used....and old gpu's... it's an excellent time for curecoin and folding!

I often recommend cure to people who find btc not "profitable".

I'm considering renting a folding rig, but after reading this i'm not sure i should, i'm confused...and bct doesn't help. I'm not in it for profit, but it sure would help if i can get some curecoin.
pazsion

FAH UserName: pazsion

Return to General Discussion